BIOME Winter Solstice Luxury Candle
Winter Solstice, a luxury fragranced candle inspired by ancient rituals.
Christmas is totally encapsulated in this festive fragrance, and also a lovely welcoming and uplifting scent for all of wintertime. Orange and eucalyptus top notes over a warm and spicy heart of cinnamon, nutmeg and clove, with vanilla and woody base notes.
Handmade in Hampshire exclusively for Brooklands Gifts and Interiors
🌱 Vegan Friendly
🌱 Cruelty Free
🌱 Paraben Free Fragrance
🌱 Recyclable Packaging
The Winter Solstice (around 21-23 December each year), a moment in time that marks the longest night and shortest day in the Northern Hemisphere with the sun at its lowest point in the sky. For millennia the cultures of the world mark this time with celebrations, feasts, light and fire to brighten the dark midwinter and herald the arrival of the sun and lengthening of days. Our own Stonehenge marked this important occasion with the sun setting through the tallest trilithon stones on the Winter Solstice.
Approx 40 hours burn time. ~220g net
All candles are lovingly created in small batches, individually numbered, and presented in a smart rigid reusable gift box, decorated with ribbon (smart ribbon but made from wood pulp and compostable!) and a wax seal.
Candle jar – Height, diameter, total weight: 9.2cm high, 8.2cm diameter
Candle gift box - 9.7cm high, 9.2cm depth & width
Gift box and candle weight combined: 608g
Please make sure the first time you light the candle that you can let it burn for 4 hours max, or less once you have a 'meltpool' of liquid wax across most of candle. Why? Well, wax has a 'memory', it
means that each time you light your candle after this the wax won't ‘tunnel’, i.e only melt a small centre area, but it will melt and burn evenly throughout subsequent burns allowing every tiny bit of scrumptious scent to be released.
Do not burn for more than 4 hours at a time.
Your candle is already trimmed for its first burn but for subsequent burns please trim the wick to 3 -5mm each time (using sharp scissors, nail clippers or a wick trimmer) and remove the trimming – this is the key thing to get a safe and steady burn so you get the most burn time out of your candle. It will prevent an overly high flame and sooting occurring on the glass.
Recycle & re-use – the last remaining wax can be removed gently with an old spoon (the wax is fairly soft) and disposed of in household waste. Please re-use or recycle the glass jar and gift box. The ribbon is made from recycled wood pulp and can be composted. The wax seal is wax and can go in household waste.
CANDLE SAFETY ADVICE
- Candles should always be out of reach of children and pets.
- Always burn candles on a stable, heat resistant surface. Sound bars and speaker boxes are not heat resistant! Don’t put them under shelves – the heat can burn what’s above. Do not burn on warm places such as radiators or wood burning stoves.
- Leave at least four inches (10cm) between other burning candles.
- Position away from curtains, or other flammable items. Keep the candle out of draughts.
- Keep clothes and hair away from the candle. If there’s any chance you could lean across a candle and forget it’s there, put it somewhere else.
- Don’t move candles when they’re burning, extinguish and allow to cool before moving.
- Use an old spoon or candle snuffer to extinguish to prevent blowing hot liquid wax off the candle.
- Never go to sleep with a candle still burning. Double check the flame is out.
- For safety reasons discontinue using the candle when there is approx. 1cm of wax left.
Allergen / Sensitivity Information
Contains: Cinnamaldehyde, Eugenol, Isoeugenol, d-Limonene. WARNING: May cause an allergic skin reaction. Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects. Keep out of reach of children. IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water. If skin irritation or rash occurs: Get medical advice/attention. Dispose of contents/container to approved disposal site in accordance with local regulations. Contains Cinnamyl alcohol, Citral, Linalyl acetate, alpha-Hexylcinnamaldehyde, betaCaryophyllene, cis-4-(Isopropyl)cyclohexanemethanol.
Why does my candle jar look like it has air bubbles on the side? This happens when wax has not quite set against the glass, just by a hairs breadth! This gives the appearance of an air bubble because of the glass magnification, but it’s not an air bubble. It’s usually temperature related too,
chandlers call it “pull away”. Firstly this doesn’t affect the burning, fragrance or longevity of your candle. Secondly, this proves the wax is very pure with no chemical additives to make it adhere uniformly to the glass. Most vegetable waxes display this trait in clear glass vessels.